Employer/Location: Oregon Health & Science University/Portland, OR
OHSU is looking for a strong leader for it’s very diverse FNS work force. One who will help staff from every background work constructively in pursuit of customer service, who will promote respect, embody leadership, model inclusive behavior, and stimulate mentorship. If you have deep experience and a big heart, this may be the ideal place for you!
Function/Duties of Position
Food & Nutrition Services Division (FNS) supports OHSU patients, visitors, and staff on OHSU Marquam Hill campus. The division includes Retail Services, Patient Food Services, Food & Nutrition Services Administration, and Gift Shop. The division consists of 270 FTE and an expense budget of $26M annually. Retail Services revenue exceeds $13M annually with a transaction volume exceeding 2.5M transactions. Patient Food Services prepared and delivers 600,000 meals annually.
The purpose of the position is to provide leadership and direction over department activities related to Food & Nutrition Services and to develop and implement departmental tactics that align with the OHSU strategic plan to ensure outstanding patient care and positive culture within FNS. The position is responsible for strategy development, working environment, and complete operational oversight of the department which includes daily operations, patient and staff safety, patient experience and customer service, staff engagement, human resources, diversity equity inclusion (DEI) quality and performance improvement, capital and operational budget planning and financial accountability.
- Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration or Nursing with a focus on Administration, Business Administration or related field is required, or equivalent combination of education experience and training. Must obtain Masters’ degree within agreed amount of time if candidate does not have a Masters when starting role
- 10 years management experience, including 2 years of director-level experience
- Successful experience with cultural sensitivity with a diverse population
- Ability to give and receive feedback in a constructive manner
- High customer service and quality aptitude
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives
- Public speaking skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Commensurate with qualifications, experience and internal equity