According to the 2016 AHF healthcare census, 48% of hospitals offer on-demand room service for patients.
What is Room Service?
- Patient/Resident order what they want, when they want it from a customized restaurant-style menu.
Why Room Service?
- Highest customer satisfaction scores.
- Customers eat much better.
- Costs less
- Less waste
- Competitive advantage
How to Start?
- DM&A a feasibility study
- Which provides:
- Return on investment
- Financial investment
- Equipment specifications
- Staffing requirements
- Customized room service design
- DM&A helps you develop and implement your room service program.
Room Service Savings
Hospitals typically save $1,000/bed annually in food and supply expenses. Exact savings are calculated and substantiated during the room service assessment, feasibility study, plan, and budgetary estimate.
- DM&A has the team, expertise, systems, and resources to facilitate a smooth transition to Room Service.
- You don’t have the time to do it yourself.
- We have seen 100’s of operations, good/bad, big/small.
- DM&A can help prove to administration that most of the time room service pays for itself even after all start-up expenses.
The transition from Food Service Tray Line to Room Service has changed not only the way we operate but it has changed the culture of my department…DM&A Coaches were with me from building the foundation of the new service to teaching the logistics, creating the menu, the implementation of policies and procedures, to the training plan and the execution of training on go live week. You and your group know this work and handle this in a way to make sure that all the pieces fit together seamlessly…I cannot thank you all enough for all you have done…DM&A has their hand on the pulse of support services. You are making a difference!
Kirby Medical Center has had the pleasure of working with DM&A…in planning and developing the Food & Nutrition Service department. Our personal experience with DM&A has been beyond satisfactory…it has been exceptional. In every single instance, their counsel was excellent, their staff professional, and their attention to detail amazing…It is without reservation that I recommend the comprehensive services of DM&A!