Employer / Location: Berkshire Medical Center / Pittsfield, MA
Full Time, Shift 1, 40, 10:00am – 6:30pm
Monday – Friday, Occasional Holidays, Occasional Weekends
This position’s hours may change depending on the needs of the department.
Under the direct supervision of the Multi-site Director of Food Services manages day-to-day operations of the food service department to achieve high quality food delivery & customer service in food service department at all Berkshire Medical Center campuses. Coordinates all food preparation for cafeteria, patients and special function meals, working as a manger and chef. Supervises all food service department employees. Prepares menus and develops standardized recipes for all menu items. Coordinates and supervises food production, room service, cafeteria and catering lines. Acts on behalf of the organization, holding all department staff accountable to meet department standards and goals. Demonstrates knowledge of and assures compliance with accrediting and regulatory standards, hospital and departmental policies and procedures. This role is to ensure that the patient, visitors and staff receive service at a level consistent with departmental standards. Approves vacation time and weekly payroll for all food services staff.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum qualifications are required unless stated otherwise.)
- Must have 2-4 years previous cooking experience and 4 years management/leadership experience in hospital, institutional or restaurant cooking.
- Education and Training:
- High School Diploma-2 or more years specializing in food preparation, sanitation, purchasing and managing food service operations required.
- License, Certification & Registration:
- CDM,CFPP – Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (ANFP-Association of Nutrition and Foodservice Professionals) preferred
- SERVESAFE – Servesafe Certification
- Other Requirements:
- Viewed as a role model for professionalism. Ability to interpret and administer policies.
- Demonstrates leadership ability and communicates a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence in the food service profession.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communicates effectively with patients, patient’s family members, staff and customers.
- Well-organized and able to handle a variety of complex assignments simultaneously.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory standards. Demonstrated dependability.
- Documented effectiveness in confronting problems, resolving conflict, and achieving goals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with employees, manager/director and other staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high stress, fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.